The Bloomin' Bauer's

A diary of our family stories

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sometimes Reality Bites

So, I posted this great big dreams for the new year and then reality starts to sink in. We talked to our realtor and our house is not going to sell for what we want. We'd end up in the owing, and we put so much money into our house already. So it looks like we'll have at least 1 more year here in Utah. Maybe it's where God wants us to be right now. It's not so bad, but sometimes the whole reality thing feels like a smack in the face. We have a good life here in Utah. We'll make the best of it I know.

So here's my revised hopes and dreams for 2011:

1. Keep going to school. I'm hoping to graduate in the spring of 2012, if I work hard enough I think I can do it. Take the GRE so I can go to grad school, at the University of Tennessee. I'm hoping to get into their College Student Personell program along with an assistantship that will give me free tuition plus I'll be paid for working for them. If I get this opportunity, I think it will make moving easier!
2. Keep being healthy! I want to keep running and eating well. I would love to be at my long-term goal weight by the end of the year. Only 17 pounds to go!
3. Pay off some debt. Less debt means moving might be easier
4. I would love to hope and dream for my own car. We've been a 1 car family for 3 years now. It's been affordable but hard on me to be stuck at home while Brian's working. If we're able to do it, I would love it. Plus it will help get me to and from school.
3. Get Benny to sleep through the night. I'm so tired, enough said.
4. Get Lily into kindergarten, see her start to really succeed in school. Hopefully start teaching her how to read!
5. I really want to start painting again. I miss it so bad and I feel this desire in the back of my head, trying to get me to start again.
6. Start singing in church again. I miss being able to serve in this way. Alpine seems like the kind of church to get really involved in and is a good place for people who feel called to serve.


So here's me looking on the bright side. Everything happens for a reason.
"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

1 comments:

Sounds like an amazing plan! :) Good luck with everything. Hugs to you!
 

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter