The Bloomin' Bauer's

A diary of our family stories

Friday, January 14, 2011

Christmas Celebration Day 6 - Christmas Eve Service

Christmas Eve was the day that Sam and his new fiancee Erin showed up at the house. Everyone had arrived, and it was a packed, 11 people household. I couldn't ask for more. That evening was the Christmas Eve service at church. It was so great to see my parents working together. My dad was preaching, my mom doing to music. I know this had been a dream of theirs for a long time, and after so many years of waiting, they were finally working together in the same church, doing what they had been called to and had been trained in. My kids couldn't stay awake long enough to go to the service because it was at 9:00 pm. So my sweet little brother, David stayed at the house with them so Brian and I could have a break and enjoy the service together.
The service was simple and beautiful. They sang a few simple Christmas songs and my Dad talked about how uncomfortable Mary would've been, giving birth to Jesus in a barn. And of course the miracle of Christmas in everyone's hearts. Rachel did an absolutely beautiful interpretive dance to "Sweet Little Jesus Boy," that brought tears to my eyes.


This is the best picture I got of my mom at the piano playing.

We're all excited for Christmas in the morning! Sam and Erin look lovely and normal while Brian and I look deranged.

And that's Christmas Eve and Day 6 of the greatest Christmas ever!

0 comments:

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter