The Bloomin' Bauer's

A diary of our family stories

Friday, January 14, 2011

Christmas Celebration Day 7 - My Tennessee Christmas

Christmas morning was fabulous. I didn't expect to have a white Christmas because we were in Tennessee, but it ended up snowing all day on Christmas. The kids were super excited over the presents they got. And I do have to say they were definitely spoiled! The house was full of laughter, yummy food smells, talking, and wrapping paper. The Christmas dinner, turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, gravy, sweet potatoes, stuffing, green beans, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie, ginger cake, chocolate ganache cake, and I'm sure I'm forgetting some of the amazing feast were just positively decadent.

Benny hanging out with his Uncle Sammy!
Lily's Christmas present spot.
Benny finally got excited over wrapping paper at my parent's house. I guess my Mom picks better and more interesting wrapping paper than me!
My little present. :)

That is one spoiled baby. Those were all his toys!

I love the silly faces. Sam's is my favorite!
Jimbo enjoying his sweet roll and coffee!
And there's Benny, trying to climb up the stairs for the hundredth time! He could climb all the way to the top! He would get really excited and climb up, look behind him and see how far he's gone (and almost lose his balance). I was deathly afraid of him falling down the stairs!
Sam with his new Mac that Erin gave him, and David playing on his iphone.
My Grandma came over a little before we had Christmas dinner. I was so excited to see her! I think she's just beautiful!

Lily couldn't decide if she liked my Grandma at first. Look at that face! I've never seen my Grandma crawl around on the floor before. But she followed the "Lily puppy" around and.....
.....ended up getting Lily to like her and got a hug out of the deal!

Here's the awesome wrapping paper fight that Lily and Jimmy had. Lily was having a blast!

My aunt and uncle, Rhonda and Mike also joined us on the festive occasion! I hadn't seen either of them in over 5 years! I was so happy to have them there!
I'm so excited to have a new family member, Erin. She's so sweet to Sam and they seem so great together. I know that both of them will be excellent parents because they were so good and extremely helpful with my kids!
This was one of my favorite parts of the day. Jimmy got a new guitar for Christmas, a Dobro. Mike, who is AMAZING on the guitar got it out and started singing some awesome honky tonk Tennessee music. Everyone joined in! Jimmy got out his Jew's harp and started to play.
Sam got out the electric bass.
And David got out his viola. It was one of those magical moments that you just want to remember. It's what family is all about. Sitting around together and making music together.
Brian and Rachel enjoying the spontaneous jam session.

There's my wonderful, spectacular, amazing, special, and beautiful Tennessee Christmas.
Happy Birthday Jesus!

0 comments:

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter