The Bloomin' Bauer's

A diary of our family stories

Monday, December 28, 2009

Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas!

My little family had a great little Christmas. It was a little bittersweet with my family having just moved but we definitely made the most of it. We got all dressed up and went to a Christmas Eve service at Westminster Pres (where we were married). I guess because we don't make it to church very often it was incredibly special to see Lily's reactions to everything. She was a perfect angel during the service and loved every minute of it.

On Christmas morning, we woke Lily up to the sound of Brian's trainset going around the Christmas tree. She was ecstatic. There's something about a little 3 year old's reactions to the most simplest of things. She was excited the train was out, and so excited about all her new toys. Lily got a great baby care center from her Grammy. One of the gifts we got her was a new train set which I've never seen a more excited girl.


I worked hard and made homemade cinnamon rolls that morning. I'm pretty proud of myself. Everything was made from scratch. They were wonderful!

Then we went to Brian's parents house for dinner and more presents. Overall Christmas ended up being a special day for all of us.
Lily was exhausted and fell asleep in the car with her new toy.

Yes even me and Brian got presents that day also!

0 comments:

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter